- 2.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 4 - 8||and get 10% off|
|Buy 9 or above||and get 15% off|
High quality film printing via large format Epson inkjet printers. We can print any size film from up to 44" width by any length up to 100'. Our film service is primarily recommended for apparel, flat stock, or tapestry printing but can be used for other applications. We do not recommended our film for offset or high line screen applications.
Due to time constraints and varying expectations when it comes to file mark up and resizing artwork we will no longer accommodate these requests. All files MUST be at sized and any registration or film mark-ups must be included with the file if required. Thanks for understanding.
Required Specs: If you'll be providing us a separated file we require it to be sent in one of the following formats:
- The files must be separated and RIP ready with any fonts outlined, registration marks added if needed and sized to the final output size. We do not resize the files or add any file mark ups, registration marks or color info. If you need any separations or additional work performed on your files please contact us for a quote.
- Adobe Illustrator (ai, eps or pdf) Image must be to final output size. Each color must be a spot color or 100% black. Any CMYK or RGB colors will print as halftones.
- Adobe Photoshop (psd, dcs 2.0, tif) at 200dpi or higher at size, the separated colors must be saved to channels
- Bitmapped Files will work. Please submit at actual size at 300 dpi or higher
- We do not accept jpegs or PNG files as the files can be low resolution or the actual output size may change when opened on our system.
- If the image has halftone dots please specify line screen and frequency. We recommend 35 lpi for use with discharge inks, 45 lpi for most applications and 55 or 65 lpi if you need to hold really fine detail. By default we run all spot color half tones at 45 lpi at 52.5 degrees. Other dot sizes and angles available upon request. We recommend using a screen that is 5x the lpi. So a 45-lpi film will require a screen with minimum of 225 mesh.
- Since the film is being produced on an inkjet printer the lowest font size we recommend would be 8pts. We've printed as low as 4 pt but through a loop the image may be hard to read.
We check the files for potential problems and will notify you if something doesn't look right. But to reduce the chance of an error or a delay in the order please follow the above guidelines. If you're not sure about how to set up the file just send us an email with your art and we'll get right back to you: [email protected]
Limitations: Please note this film is done on an Inkjet printer and not an imagesetter and will not work well for certain high detail applications such as some offset printing. Please note the limitations below.
- Fonts below 8 pt
- Line Screen Above 65lpi
- Strokes or lines below .5pt
- Image with exact specs ie: rulers or blueprint type drawings. Images will register from film to film but the actual design may vary slightly from the file size thus making it incompatible for blueprint or spec drawings.
Volume Pricing: Orders over 5 sheets receive a discount of 10% and order over 9+ sheets receive 15% off off each sheet. Add to cart to see price adjustment.
The price listed here is for one sheet of film. If you have a multiple color design or multiple images please update the shopping cart to reflect the total number of sheets to be output. Pick the sheet size as big or bigger than your art file with a 1/4 inch bleed around the file. IE If your file is a full 13" then order the 17x22" film as it may get cut off or reduce the size to 12.5"
Limited Liability: We warrant the product to be free from material defect. If there is an issue with the film you must notify Film Direct within 3 working days of receiving the order. We will choose at our discretion to either reprint the product or refund the purchase. We will not give refunds for carrier loss or destruction however we will reprint and ship the order at no additional charge by a carrier of our choice. We will provide expedited shipping at an additional cost if requested. . By ordering you agree to hold Film Direct harmless from any misprints, lost press time or missed deadlines etc... Our only obligation is to replace or refund the actual purchase price of the film.
Nice opaque blacks
good work and service
The opaquest black I've ever seen next to kodalith many years ago. Great service and quick delivery
Extremely fast turnaround very reliable, my one and only go to for films!
First round I received came with registration marks. Second did not. First round was delivered incredibly quick. Second took a long while. If there was a bit more consistency I would give a 5 considering quality and price.
Bryan has been amazing to work with and the quality of the films is fantastic!
Part of the ink came off during exposure therefore we couldn't save it for re-use From Film Direct: The most common causes of the coating sticking to the screen is either the screens are damp or if the light on the exposure unit is too close to the glass gets, the glass will heat up and the coating of the film may stick to the screen. We recommend using a dehumidifier in the screen room. This will eliminate many screen burning issues.
High quality output, with superfast turnaround and delivery really saved me when my printer went down. They also caught a little mistake I made and I was able to fix it before they made the print. I would highly recommend these guys!