This bundle is great for customers who already have purchased a Canon Pro-100 and want to take advantage of the discounted bundle price.
When you couple the Canon pro-100 with Film Direct's specially formulated Canon series UV blocking dye black ink and the PrintFab RIP software you will have the ability to produce extremely dense, high quality film right from your desktop printer. Our complete system is turn key and ready to go right out of the box at a fraction of the cost of our competitors.
- Refillable UV blocking all black ink kit. Comes with 8 pre-filled cartridges with single use chips, 4 oz of our Canon Formulation UV Blocking Dye Black ink and refillable ink jar and syringe.
- 100 Sheet pack of our 13x19 waterproof film
- Printfab XL- Single computer license. PC or MAC compatible (No yearly subscription fees like our competitors software)
- Custom Printfab film profiles- Using our profiles takes the guess work out of the various ink settings. We’ve calibrated the settings to have a minimum Dmax ink density of 2.75 and the halftones are linearized to 3% accuracy.
- Free Printfab updates for 90 days
- Email support
Film Direct Refillable Ink Kit:
The key to getting solid stencils in your screens starts right here with our Canon Formulation UV blocking dye black ink. Without opaque ink, the uv light from your exposure unit will pierce the print on the film and your screen will not burn properly. This will be especially noticeable on small detail, thin lines and halftone dots. Our UV blocking ink will block the uv light from your exposure unit giving you crisp, clean stencils. Our cartridges are easily refilled with the supplied ink and our unique large mouth bottle filling system will greatly reduce ink spillage. The cartridges come with auto-reset chips. This means that when the printer gives you a warning that it has run out of ink, simply remove the cartridge, fill it and reinsert it back into the machine. This will save both time and money over single use cartridges. Please note the cartridges are refillable but the chips will only read full one time. When you get a warning on the computer that the ink is out you can simply hold down the paper eject button on the front of the printer to keep printing. The ink levels will no longer read as full on the computer.
Our waterproof film is some of the best and most affordable in the business. It has a micro-porous coating that encapsulates the ink to the film giving it it’s milky white look. Using our dye ink and waterproof film you should be able to burn screens without the ink from the film coming off onto your screen thus giving you the ability to reuse your film multiple times.
PrintFab RIP Software:
Printfab is an affordable and easy to use print driver / RIP software that works on both PC and Mac and is compatible with popular Epson and Canon printers. PrintFab was originally developed by a company out of Germany who specialized in writing drivers for colored printers. They have recently added a screen print feature which allows the printer to print spot colors from your favorite art program. It will also produce halftone dots from any percentages of grey in the design. It has a multi- black ink feature as well allowing you to control which or how many cartridge to print black ink from. It has other important features as well, such as defining the halftone dot shape, size and angle, controlling how much ink is being deposited on the film and multiple resolution settings.
PrintFab printer Profiles:
There profiles were developed by Film Direct from hours of testing and reams of film to give you accurate and easy to use pre-defined RIP / Printer settings right out of the box. We include profiles for spot colors and CMYK printing at the most popular dot size, shape and frequency. We’ve calibrated these profiles with our reflex densitometer to give you maximum ink opacity without gaining up the halftone dots or closing up small detail. We have calibrated the halftone dots to a remarkable 2-4% deviation or less off standard. This means that if your artwork calls for a 10% dot you should get 10 to 14% dot on your film. Accurip for example averages 13% over standard. So a 10% dot will average 23%! This completely throws off any curves in your art. Accurip requires you to have a densitometer to calibrate your film. Our profiles are pre-made to +/- 3 to 5% deviation. Printfab is easy enough to use that you can also easily tweak our profiles to your needs.
Compatible Printers and Cartridges
- 1 Black Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42BK
- 1 Cyan Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42C
- 1 Gray Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42GY
- 1 Light Gray Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42LGY
- 1 Magenta Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42M
- 1 Photo Cyan Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42PC
- 1 Photo Magenta Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42PM
- 1 Yellow Refillable Cartridge to replace CANON CLI-42Y